Oscar-nominee Viola Davis rocks a TWA and looks stunning with it in a photo shoot for LA Times Magazine. Stun-ning!
Honestly love the overall look for her in this shoot but her hair and face is everything. The interview was interesting too and here’s a few highlights I picked out:
- She has a 19-month old daughter named Genesis. Beautiful name.
- LA Times name her “one of the most electrifying actresses of her generation.” Yay!
- On her move into film production, Viola says: “I am doing this out of necessity. If I am not the instrument of change, I can meander through this business and be the black woman who always has two or three scenes but with fabulous actors around me.”
- On the role that changed her career: “You can be in the business for 23 years, which I have been, and suddenly something happens that wakes people up. For me, that was being in a movie with Meryl Streep, Amy Adams and Philip Seymour Hoffman [Doubt]… It makes people realize you’re there. Otherwise you’re that black girl who had a guest or costar role in a TV show here or there.”
- A film she’s already looking into producing is “The Personal History of Rachel DuPree, a sweeping novel about an African-American woman struggling to farm the Badlands in 1917…” Looking forward to it.