Eton Mess! My favourite dessert ever! I was already super excited when I realised it’s entirely gluten free but since coming across this twist on the recipe… I am beyond… just beyond.
So what’s the twist? Greek yogurt. Normally I just use soya single cream but adding this low fat, low lactose, high protein treat just has made this such an indulgent and delectable experience.
The Eton Mess Recipe
Serves 1 and contains approx. 233 calories
You Will Need:
- 75g Total 0% fat greek yogurt
- 60ml Alpro single cream
- 2 tsp agave syrup (I like Biona organic dark agave syrup)
- 1 meringue nest
- 3 large strawberries
- An appetite for something very tasty
How to make it:
- Whip the greek yogurt, cream and agave syrup together.
- Crumble your meringues into the cream, making sure to get of good mix of different size chunks (save a little for topping).
- Resist the urge to eat this by itself.
- Chop 1 strawberry and mush the other 2 with a fork.
- Start layering: Meringue cream. Strawberry mush, more meringue cream etc. Finish with meringue cream, chopped strawberries and remainder of meringue topping.
- Eat. Listen to this. Have a moment.